New Flights To Cancun, Mexico
Cancun was the world’s second most popular tourist destination in 2021 behind Dubai. And throughout the COVID-19 pandemic—Mexico by no means closed. As a end result, airways from each nook of the world are beginning direct flights to the area.
Not solely that, Mexico was the second nation worldwide to scrap all COVID-19 entry necessities—together with issues like passenger locator types, though they by no means had testing or vaccine necessities.
So Cancun actually is the proper vacation spot in 2022, no matter the place you come from.
The New Flights To Cancun From The U.S.
As Cancun continues to develop in recognition for U.S. vacationers, some U.S. airliners are growing flights, together with:
- Frontier Airlines – Frontier Airlines will improve their flights from Tampa to Cancun to a few occasions per week. They may even start flying from Houston to Cancun 4 occasions per week from May.
The New Flights To Cancun From Europe
Cancun has at all times been a preferred vacation spot for European vacationers, particularly British and German vacationers. Therefore, it’s no shock that airliners are growing flights to the area.
- Condor Airlines – Condor Airlines will add one other weekly flight on its Frankfurt to Cancun route, From May, there can be 5 weekly flights as an alternative of 4.
- TUI – Popular British airliner TUI is growing its flight frequency to Cancun. From May, vacationers can fly to Cancun from Manchester, London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Bristol, Newcastle, and many others. Moreover, vacationers can catch direct flights to Cancun from Amsterdam and Brussels.
- Iberojet – Popular Spanish airline Iberojet started flying from Lisbon to Cancun in April; nevertheless, they may even improve their flight frequency from Madrid to Cancun in July. In addition, they’ve introduced a brand new direct flight from Barcelona to Cancun in June.
- AirCaraïbes – French airline Air Caraibes will begin its route from Paris to Cancun in October with two weekly frequencies till December, with an improve to three flights from December 2022.
The New Flights To Cancun From South America
Various South American airways are growing their flight frequency to Cancun, together with:
- SKY Airlines – SKY Airlines will improve its flights from Lima to Cancun every day.
- Volaris – Volaris will begin each day flights from Lima to Cancun in June.
New Flights To Isla Cozumel
- Southwest Airlines – Southwest Airlines will begin flights from Denver to Cozumel in June.
- American Airlines – American Airlines will start flights from Denver to Cozumel on Saturdays from June onwards.
- United Airlines – United Airlines will restart weekly flights from LAX to Cozumel in May.
- Suncountry – Suncountry will restart flights from Dallas to Isla Cozumel in June with two weekly flights (Thursday and Saturday.)
The COVID-19 Situation In Cancun
Cancun is recording its lowest COVID-19 circumstances because the pandemic started. The present 7-day case average is barely 9.
However, though there are not any entry necessities to go to Cancun from Europe or the United States, there are nonetheless inner COVID-19 restrictions. These embrace obligatory masks in indoor areas. However, since Mexico, at a federal stage a minimum of, has now declared this an endemic, indoor masks guidelines on the state stage for Quintana Roo must be ending quickly.
Cancun did, nevertheless, take away the out of doors masks mandate earlier within the 12 months.
Tips For Heading To Cancun In 2022
Travelers wishing to go to Cancun in the summertime of 2022 must guide their lodging quickly. According to studies, Cancun hotels are almost fully booked in the summertime, with an spectacular 90% occupation.
However, vacationers can at all times select one other vacation spot in Mexico in the event that they wish to keep away from the crowds. Popular locations with decrease resort bookings embrace Tulum, Playa Del Carmen, Isla Mujeres, Cozumel, and Cabo San Lucas.
As the Mexican tourism trade continues to rebound, Cancun stays a wonderful vacation spot for vacationers. International flights are growing, and the area is comparatively again to regular.
↓ Join the neighborhood ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the most recent reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s taking place each day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your e mail deal with to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current journey guidelines and restrictions can change with out discover. The resolution to journey is finally your duty. Contact your consulate and/or native authorities to substantiate your nationality’s entry and/or any adjustments to journey necessities earlier than touring. Travel Off Path doesn’t endorse touring in opposition to authorities advisories